Midnights has surpassed 3 million album equivalent units in the US alone since late October and continues to break records around the world.
Swift recognized as artist, songwriter and director
santa monica, california, December 22, 2022 /PR Newswire/ — Taylor Swift Extends record 2022 performance with debut of 10th studio album midnight upon October 21st, released by Republic Records/Universal Music Group. in just eight weeks, midnight achieved more than 6 million albums With comparable units worldwide and 3 million units in the US alone, she made music history as the only artist to surpass 1 million units with five albums in a week of release. Her blockbuster release drew nearly 1.6 million people in the first week of her debut. midnight is the first album to sell over one million physical albums since 2015.
Sir, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group Lucian Grange “Taylor is a multi-faceted creative force whose accomplishments have positioned her as one of the greatest artists in music history. increase.”
Founder and CEO of Republic Records, Monte Lipman “Taylor’s accomplishments last year have been absolutely incredible! midnight, In any era of our business, it is almost unimaginable that an artist will sell over 6 million albums in less than eight weeks. These achievements further demonstrate Taylor’s prowess as a consummate, generation-defining artist and storyteller. ”
The 11-time Grammy Award-winning artist has been acclaimed for breaking streaming, physical and vinyl album sales records worldwide. midnight became the best-selling album of her career, making Swift the first artist ever to score the entire top 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. Taylor Swift have 36.6 billion stream her music and 22.4 million Album equivalent units as of 2022.
Globally acclaimed as one of the most influential artists of her generation, Swift was also recognized for her work as a performer, songwriter and director this year. Throughout the year, she won multiple awards, including: 6 American Music Awards (Artist of the Year, Country Female Artist, Pop/Rock Female Artist, Music Video, Country Album for Her & Pop Album). Award-winning artist in AMA history. 3 People’s Choice Awards (Album of the Year, Best Music Video, Female Artist of the Year). She received the NSAI Nashville Songwriter Award, which is given to songwriters of the decade. 3 MTV Video Music Awards (Video of the Year, Best Director, Best Longform Video for All Too Well: The Short Film), 4 MTV EMAs (Best Artist, Best Pop, Best Video, Best Longform Video for All Too Well: The Short Film) The Short Film); four Billboard Music Awards (Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Country Artist, Top Female Country Album, Top Country Album); Above all.
Swift has also been nominated for a string of upcoming awards, including four Grammy Awards (Song of the Year – “All to Well (10 Minutes Version) (Short Film)”), Best Country Song, Best Music Video and Best Songwriting. It has been. From the movie soundtrack to where Crowdad sings, “Carolina” in the visual media category. “Carolina” was also recently nominated for a Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice Award and Hollywood Critics Circle Award. 2023 Original Song .
Taylor Swift: Accolades and History Made in 2022
–midnight Debuts in a career-high first-week global stream of over 1 billion
– Became the only artist in Nielsen USA history to debut five albums, selling over one million copies in its first week
– Leading U.S. Artist with Albums on Demand and Streaming Equivalence
–midnight Achieved over 3 million album consumption in the first week
–midnight Achieved over 1 million U.S. net album sales in one week.reputation』(2017)
– in the US midnight was the best-selling physical release of 2022, selling +1.3 million copies. Additionally, Swift has sold an additional 1.1 million physical records in the United States in her entire catalog in 2022.
–midnight 1st place with 1,578,000 units sold in the first week
– The first artist ever to reach the entire top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart and the entire top 10 of digital sales charts.She also claimed the same feat Canada.
-Set a new record sales week 575K Copies were sold in the US and are also the UK’s best-selling vinyl. Canada When Australia in the modern vinyl age
– First artist ever to reach the top 5 overall on the Billboard Global 200
– First artist to reach number one on the Billboard 200 and Hot 100 four times simultaneously
– Breaking the record for most consecutive #1 studio album debuts on the Billboard 200 (11)
-Has the largest streaming week for an album by a female artist (549 million)
–midnight Breaking the record for the biggest album debut in Spotify history with over 185 million streams
– Largest global stream in the album’s first week on Spotify (785 meters)
– Earned the debut of the top 5 biggest songs in the history of the global Spotify charts
– Global stream of the biggest day and week openings for albums on Amazon
– Largest global stream of pop album premieres on Apple Music
– Biggest Global Streaming of Album Day 1 with Apple Music’s Dolby Atmos
–midnight First appearance in 19 countries in the United States, 1st place, AustraliaUK, France, Germany & Italy
– In Australia, Swift became the first No. 1 single, No. 1 album and No. 1 Airplay debut in history, topping both sales charts for five consecutive weeks.
-In Canada, midnight Completed the Canadian Hot 100 chart
– in Brazil, midnight The album had the most streams on Spotify on the first day
-of Philippines, midnight Scores Top 6 Biggest Debuts in Spotify History
-In China, this album was the fastest-selling album by a Western artist.
-More than 22.6 million album-equivalent units in 2022*
-36.6 billion total streams across all platforms*
・Break the record for the most number of top 10 hits by female artists (40)
(*Until 12/15 – Source: UMG Data)
In 2023, Swift will embark on her long-awaited job. Taylor Swift |The Eras Tour to perform 52 stadium shows in the US
For Hi-Res media assets (photos and videos), click here.
source universal music group