Discord is one of the most popular voice chat apps for gamers. It is user-friendly and allows users to create their own community as a server and has many great features.Discord is a great communication tool that allows users to communicate as well as share music.But adding music and playback is not as intuitive as it sounds.
In this article, we’ll show you how to play music on Discord to improve your gaming session or just chill out with friends.
Note: There is currently no way to play music in private Discord channels or chats. Can only be done via server. Therefore, you must own the server or have permission to play music from the server administrator.
1. How to use bots to play music on Discord
Adding the Discord Music Bot to your server is the most popular and effective way to play music from various streaming platforms such as Spotify, Soundcloud, Twitch and even YouTube (although not all bots work with YouTube). does not). Adding a bot to your Discord server is done through the bot website. You’ll need to invite the bot and give it the necessary permissions and authorizations to run on your server. The process is the same for Windows and Mac, and Android and iOS mobile apps.
Follow the steps below to add Fredboat, one of the most popular Discord music bots.
- Open a web browser and go to the website of the Discord bot you want to add to your server. In this example, we chose Fredbot.
- look for invite to server button or Add to Discord option.
- After inviting the bot, the website redirects to the login page. Insert your Discord credentials or sign in using the QR code. If you already have his Discord app open on your PC or mobile phone, you will automatically be logged in.
- A pop-up window will open and you will have to select a server to add the bot to.
- When the following window pops up, select the authorizations you want to grant to your bot, approve.
- Once the bot is installed on the server, /play
You will see an automated message with some basic commands such as This command pulls out 5 random songs to choose from, then /play to select a song. You can also insert a link to the song instead of typing the song name.
These are just a few of the most common commands. For more information, see the Fredboats command page on the official website.
If you want another music bot instead of Fredboat, the installation steps are generally the same. If you’ve explored popular music bots on Discord, you’ve probably heard of Rhythm and Groovy as well. Unfortunately, the Groovy bot will be shut down in August 2022 and the Rythm bot in September 2022. YouTube has filed a cease and desist order against both bots for violating third-party terms of service and monetization. But there are other options, such as MEE6, Aiode, and Hydra.
2. Play music on Discord through the microphone
If you don’t want to use bots, you can always play music on Discord through your microphone. However, keep in mind that music quality is highly dependent on your equipment. Even with a high-end mic, the music coming through it can be of lower quality than what is played directly from Discord. Bots typically play high-quality audio.
To ensure the best possible quality, you should adjust your PC’s microphone settings.
- Open the control panel and hardware and sound.
- under sound Finding and selecting sections Manage audio devices.
- [録音]go to tab
- valid stereo mix and change it to default microphone.
Now you can start playing music through your microphone on the selected Discord channel.
3. How to Play Music on Discord via Spotify
The easiest way to play music on Discord is with Spotify. However, you need a Spotify Premium account for it to work. Also, you need to connect your Discord account to your Spotify account.
- Open the Discord app.
- Select the settings icon in the lower right corner next to your profile icon.
- choose connection options under User Setting section.
- Find the Spotify icon in the given list of options and click it.
- You will be redirected to Spotify’s website. Log in with your Spotify credentials.
- I agree to allow Discord access to my Spotify account.
Congrats! Your Discord and Spotify accounts are now connected. A notification will appear on the Spotify website telling you that the process has finished.
can switch Show on profile When Show Spotify as status Allow your friends to see what you’re listening to at any time. You can invite your friends to listen to your chosen Spotify playlist using Discord. To do this, go to the plus sign and type Invite @Username/#Channelname in the message box to listen to Spotify.
No matter which method you choose, playing music on Discord is a great way to have fun and connect with other people who love music just like you. Wait a minute! There is also a fourth method. It’s a way to sing with your friends using your own voice. Let us know how it goes in the comments below.